sg-crest A Singapore Government Agency Website
Official website links end with
Secure websites use HTTPS
Look for a lock () or https:// as an added precaution. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Orders the Community Disputes Resolution Tribunals can make

Refer to the following to find out the court orders the Community Disputes Resolution Tribunals (CDRT) can make.

Court order

This means your neighbour has to...


Pay you a sum of money of not more than $20,000.


Stop doing something.

Specific performance

Do something.


Apologise to you.


Pay you out of pocket expenses that you may have incurred while pursuing your claim.

Other order

Follow any of the other court orders the CDRT makes.

How the CDRT decides on orders

Before making a court order, the CDRT will consider:

  • Whether the claim has been made out against your neighbour on a balance of probabilities.
  • Whether it is just and equitable for the court order to be made.

In deciding whether it is just and equitable for the court order to be made, the CDRT will consider:

  • The impact of the order on your neighbour.
  • The impact of the order on any person who resides in your neighbour's place of residence at the time the order is made.
  • The impact of the order on any other person who can reasonably be expected to be affected by the order.
  • The ordinary instances of daily living that can be expected to be tolerated by reasonable persons living in Singapore.
  • Any other matters as the court deems fit.

Refer to Example cases of neighbour disputes to read about past cases heard by the CDRT and their outcomes.

After an order is made

A copy of the court order will be made available to both parties on the Community Justice and Tribunals System (CJTS).

If a party does not comply with the order, the other party may enforce a CDRT order against them.

A party may also appeal against an order of a CDRT to the General Division of the High Court. To do so, the party first must apply to the CDRT for leave (permission) to appeal.

Need help?

The information here is for general guidance as the courts do not provide legal advice. If you need further help, you may want to get independent legal advice.

Find out more


Refer to the Guide to Neighbour Dispute Claims (PDF, 366 KB). 
Refer to

Go to Step-by-step guide

Step-by-step guide


Share this page: