sg-crest A Singapore Government Agency Website
Official website links end with
Secure websites use HTTPS
Look for a lock () or https:// as an added precaution. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

What enforcement means

Employment Claims Tribunals (ECT) orders may be enforced in the same way as District Court orders. This means that if you obtain an ECT order in your favour and the other party does not fulfil their obligations under the order, you may take enforcement actions against the other party.

Deciding to enforce an order

The ECT does not initiate the enforcement of an order in favour of a party. The party who wishes to enforce the order must initiate the enforcement process.

Enforcing an order does not guarantee an outcome. Parties should weigh the pros and cons before proceeding. 

Find out what you should consider before enforcing an ECT order.

Enforcement of ECT orders

To enforce an ECT order, you may file a single enforcement application for one or more methods of enforcement. 

    If you do not know what assets the other party has, you may consider applying for an order for examination of enforcement respondent. This allows you to find out what assets the defaulting party has, so you can decide whether it is worthwhile to enforce the order.

    Need help?

    The information here is for general guidance as the courts do not provide legal advice. If you need further help, you may want to get independent legal advice.

    Find out more


    Related questions

    If foreign workers need help, they may approach the Community Justice Centre located at the basement of the State Courts. Alternatively, they may call the Ministry of Manpower's (MOM) Foreign Domestic Worker helpline at 1800 339 5505 (weekdays only).

    Share this page: