sg-crest A Singapore Government Agency Website
Official website links end with
Secure websites use HTTPS
Look for a lock () or https:// as an added precaution. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

After you file an application for an adoption order

After you file and serve an application for an adoption order, you will need to submit additional documents to the court.

This table summarises the steps you need to take:

1. Submit the Ministry of Social and Family Development's written consent and the child's original birth certificate

You must submit the following documents at least 7 days before the scheduled hearing:


How to submit

The MSF's written consent to be the Guardian in Adoption (GIA)

Through eLitigation. If you are not represented by a lawyer, visit the LawNet & CrimsonLogic Service Bureau to file.

The estimated filing fee is $10, excluding additional fees payable to the LawNet & CrimsonLogic Service Bureau.

Child's original birth certificate

In person at the Adoption Registry (Level 4, Family Justice Courts at Maxwell Road) during the operating hours.

At the next scheduled hearing, the court will officially appoint the MSF as the GIA.

2. Submit the Guardian In Adoption's affidavit and request for a further hearing

The GIA will investigate your application and prepare an affidavit, which is an assessment based on the investigation findings. You will receive the affidavit from the GIA.

Within 2 weeks of receiving the affidavit, file all of the following documents via eLitigation:

Estimated fees

The estimated filing fees include:

Item or service


File the affidavit

  • (Up to 10 pages) $10
  • (More than 10 pages) $1 per page

File the Request for Further Hearing of Originating Summons


Note: This table does not include additional fees payable to the LawNet & CrimsonLogic Service Bureau.

After you file

The court will schedule a hearing date within 3 weeks after you file your request. Find out what happens at the hearing.

Need help?

The information here is for general guidance as the courts do not provide legal advice. If you need further help, you may want to get independent legal advice.

Find out more


Go to Step-by-step guide

Step-by-step guide


Share this page: