Amendment No. 5 of the Practice Directions contains amendments to Parts XVII and XVIII and Appendix B, and introduces a new Part XXIV and a new Appendix G, to the Singapore International Commercial Court Practice Directions. These amendments are summarised below:
- introduction of new paragraph 106A, on summary table for applications for further and better particulars, discovery, production of documents or interrogatories;
- amendments to paragraph 111A, on giving of evidence by person outside Singapore through live video or live television link in any proceedings;
- introduction of new Part XXIV, on technology, infrastructure and construction list;
- amendments to Form 10 of Appendix B, on proposed case management plan;
- introduction of new Form 12A of Appendix B, on form of summary table for applications for further and better particulars, discovery, production of documents or interrogatories;
- introduction of new Appendix G Part 1, on pre-action protocol for dispute involving TIC claim; and
- introduction of new Appendix G Part 2, on simplified adjudication process protocol.
The amendments will take effect on 31 August 2021 and will be reflected at https://www.supremecourt.gov.sg/rules/practice-directions/singapore-international-commercial-court-practice-directions from 31 August 2021.