Amendments have been made to Parts 2 and 17 and Appendices A, B and C of the Supreme Court Practice Directions 2021. The amendments are summarised below:
(1) amendments to paragraph 20 on Filing directions to the Accountant-General for payment in or payment out or furnishing security for costs by depositing monies in the Registry;
(2) amendments to paragraph 146 on Arrest of ships;
(3) amendments to the following Forms under Appendix A:
(a) Form 88 (Order for Registration of Foreign Judgment);
(b) Form 90 (Certificate under the Reciprocal Enforcement of Foreign Judgments Act 1959);
(4) deletion of Form 89 (Certificate under the Reciprocal Enforcement of Commonwealth Judgments Act 1921) under Appendix A;
(5) amendments to Form B1 (Request for Interpretation Services) under Appendix B; and
(6) amendments to Appendix C: Registrar, Deputy Registrar, Divisional and Deputy Divisional Registrars, and Senior Assistant Registrars.
2 The amendments mentioned in paragraph 1(2), (3), (4) and (6) will take effect on 1 March 2023 and will be reflected at https://epd-supcourt-2021.opendoc.gov.sg/
from 1 March 2023. The amendments mentioned in paragraph 1(1) and (5) above will take effect on 6 March 2023 and will be reflected at https://epd-supcourt-2021.opendoc.gov.sg/
from 6 March 2023.
3 Please find attached a document reflecting the marked-up amendments to the Supreme Court Practice Directions 2021.