Popular keywords

Civil appeals against High Court decisions


This page is for civil cases in the High Court. For cases in the State Courts, refer to Civil appeals against State Courts decisions.

To appeal against a decision by the Appellate Division of the High Court, you will first need to apply for the court's leave (permission) to appeal. This application must be filed to the Court of Appeal within 7 days after the date of the decision of the Appellate Division.

  • If leave to appeal is granted, you must file the Notice of Appeal within 1 month after the date on which leave was granted.
  • If leave to appeal is not granted, you cannot proceed with the appeal. The decision of the Court of Appeal refusing leave to appeal is final.

Share this page: