SCL(S)-ISAF Joint Conference 2023
21 September 2023
KEYNOTE ADDRESS ON STATUTORY ADJUDICATION AND CONTRACTUAL DISPUTE BOARDS IN THE CONTEXT OF COLLABORATIVE CONTRACTING
Anchoring quick “good enough” methods for dispute resolution within fair and efficient commercial justice systems
The Honourable Justice Philip Jeyaretnam*
Supreme Court of Singapore
President, Singapore International Commercial Court
* I gratefully acknowledge the assistance of JLC Noemi Chaw in the preparation of this Keynote Address.
(2) Sundaresh Menon, Chief Justice, Supreme Court of Singapore, “The Complexification of Disputes in the Digital Age”, Speech delivered at Goff Lecture 2021 (9 November 2021), <https://www.judiciary.gov.sg/news-and-resources/news/news-details/chief-justice-sundaresh-menon-speech-delivered-at-9th-annual-conference-of-the-international-academy-of-construction-lawyers> (accessed 20 September 2023).
(3) Sundaresh Menon, Chief Justice, Supreme Court of Singapore, “Constructing Collaboration: Remoulding the Resolution of Construction Disputes”, Speech delivered at the 9th Annual Conference of The International Academy of Construction Lawyers (14 April 2023), <https://www.sicc.gov.sg/the-technology-infrastructure-and-construction-list> (accessed 20 September 2023).
(4) Singapore International Commercial Court, “The Technology, Infrastructure and Construction List” <https://www.judiciary.gov.sg/news-and-resources/news/news-details/media-release-establishment-of-technology-infrastructure-and-construction-list-to-manage-complex-technology-related-infrastructure-and-construction-disputes> (accessed 20 September 2023).
(5) Singapore International Commercial Court, “Establishment of Technology, Infrastructure and Construction list to Manage Complex Technology-Related Infrastructure and Construction Disputes”, Media Release (8 November 2021) at para 3 <https://www.ura.gov.sg/corporate/guidelines/circulars/dc14-13> (accessed 20 September 2023); Singapore International Commercial Court Rules 2021 (Cap 80), O 28 r 10.
(6) Urban Redevelopment Authority of Singapore, “Landscaping for Urban Spaces and High-Rises (LUST 2.0 Programme: Landscape Replacement Requirements for Non-Landed Private Residential and Commercial/Mixed-Use/Hotel Developments outside Identified Strategic Areas”, Circular (12 June 2014)