sg-crest A Singapore Government Agency Website
Official website links end with
Secure websites use HTTPS
Look for a lock () or https:// as an added precaution. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

This page describes the process for filing a divorce application on the simplified track.

Refer to File a divorce application (normal track) if you and your spouse have not been able to agree on the divorce or the ancillary matters.

Proceedings in an uncontested divorce hearing

The court will send a Registrar's Notice to notify parties (or their lawyers, if any) of the uncontested divorce hearing date that will be scheduled within 4 to 6 weeks after the relevant papers are filed.

Parties and their lawyers (if any) are not required to attend the uncontested divorce hearing. Members of the public are not allowed to attend the hearing.

At the hearing, the court will grant an order for divorce known as an Interim Judgment if it is satisfied that the parties' marriage has broken down irretrievably. Parties will need to ensure that they follow the terms agreed between them. This may include selling the Housing & Development Board (HDB) flat (if applicable) and ensuring that maintenance is paid as agreed.

Parties may then extract the Interim Judgment at the LawNet & CrimsonLogic Service Bureau.

Extract the Certificate of Final Judgment

Once the Interim Judgment has been granted, parties will have to wait for 3 months from the date the Interim Judgment is granted to extract the Certificate of Final Judgment, or when all the ancillary matters (if applicable) have been resolved, whichever is later.

Extracting the Certificate of Final Judgment finalises and completes the divorce proceedings.


You will need to apply for leave of court (permission) to extract the Certificate of Final Judgment if more than 1 year has passed from the date of the Interim Judgment.

Parties may choose to extract their Certificate of Final Judgment personally or through a lawyer. If you are represented by a lawyer, your lawyer will extract the Certificate of Final Judgment on your behalf.

If you are representing yourself, you must prepare the Certificate of Final Judgment form (Form 33, Family Justice Courts (FJC) Practice Directions) before heading down personally to the LawNet & CrimsonLogic Service Bureau to extract the Certificate of Final Judgment.

You must follow Part 5 of Division 2 of the Family Justice Rules and the FJC Practice Directions to prepare their documents.

A party cannot remarry until the Final Judgment has been granted.

Estimated fees

Parties will have to pay $14 to extract the Certificate of Final Judgment.

In addition to this fee, there are also other fees payable to the LawNet & CrimsonLogic Service Bureau.

Apply to vary a court order

Parties may consider applying to vary (change) a court order if there is a material change in circumstances of either party or of their children (if applicable).

If you are the party applying to vary the court order, you will have to file a summons (Form 4, FJC Practice Directions) supported by an affidavit.

The affidavit should include the following:

  • Full particulars of your property and income (if applicable).
  • The grounds (reasons) for your application.

Find out how to prepare an affidavit.


Parties and their children (if applicable) may wish to attend counselling and any of the support programmes available at the Strengthening Families@Family Service Centers (FAM@FSCs) and divorce support specialist agencies if they are affected by the divorce.

Need help?

The information here is for general guidance as the courts do not provide legal advice. If you need further help, you may want to get independent legal advice.

Find out more


Refer to:

Refer to:

Go to Step-by-step guide

Step-by-step guide

Understand the requirements for divorce

At an uncontested divorce hearing


Share this page: